Although Citizen Advocates are unpaid and do not get reimbursed in any way, the work of establishing new relationships and supporting existing ones requires some resources and a small but dedicated team of paid staff who work from our office.
Sunshine Coast Citizen Advocacy are currently funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services: National Disability Advocacy Program.
In order to continue our work into the future and hopefully be able to increase the number of people with disability Citizen Advocacy can respond to, we seek the assistance of individuals in the community, service clubs, business groups and corporations – anyone with a sense of social justice wanting to make a positive difference in the lives of some of society’s most vulnerable people.
Your generous donation will:
- Help ensure that this powerful and unique form of social justice continues in the Sunshine Coast, even if government funding stops;
- Increase the number of people with intellectual disability we can match with a Citizen Advocate;
- Help us provide more support and development opportunities for Citizen Advocates, enabling them to be even more effective in their roles;
- Allow our staff to undertake important professional development that is not possible within our current funding arrangement;
- Reduce our dependency on a single source of funding that might be reduced or withdrawn at any time.
*We are a registered Deductable Gift Recipient. All donations over $2.00 are tax deductable.